Let the given two files be file1.txt and file2.txt. Our Task is to merge both files into third file say file3.txt but merging should be done by line by line alternatively. The following are steps to merge alternatively.
- Create PrintWriter object for file3.txt
- Open BufferedReader for file1.txt
- Open BufferedReader for file2.txt
- Run a loop to copy each line of file1.txt and then file2.txt to file3.txt
- Flush PrintWriter stream and close resources.
To successfully run the below program file1.txt and file2.txt must exits in same folder OR provide full path for them.
Merged file1.txt and file2.txt into file3.txt
Note : If file3.txt exist in cwd(current working directory) then it will be overwritten by above program otherwise new file will be created.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.