Suppose some data at the Server side has been created and now in order to pass that information in a JSP page, there is a need of request.getAttribute() method. This, in fact differentiates the getAttribute() and getParameter() methods. The latter is used to pass Client side data to a JSP.
1) First create data at the server side and pass it to a JSP. Here a list of student objects in a servlet will be created and pass it to a JSP using setAttribute().
2) Next, the JSP will retrieve the sent data using getAttribute().
3) Finally, the JSP will display the data retrieved, in a tabular form.
Servlet to create data and dispatch it to a JSP : StudentServlet.java
JSP to retrieve data sent by servlet “StudentServlet.java” and display it : stdlist.jsp
The Student.java classbr>
Running the application
1) Run the servlet “StudentServlet.java”, which will pass student data to JSP page “stdlist.jsp”.
2) The JSP page “stdlist.jsp” retrieves the data and displays it in a tabular form.
Note : Entire application has been developed and tested on NetBeans IDE 8.1
Displaying Student Data : stdlist.jsp